I’m so happy I heard about this Pet Bloggers Journey 2020 Q & A hosted by Colby from Puppyintraining.com.
Sharing what we did in 2019 and looking ahead at our goals is an excellent way for bloggers to learn from each other and for our readers to see how truly dedicated, we are as content creators.
So with that said, I can’t wait to participate!
*Disclosure: This page contains affiliate links, meaning I earn a commission if you use those links at no cost to you. I always only recommend brands I trust and ones I think you’ll love.
Let’s Dive in:
1. When did you begin your blog? And, for anyone stopping by for the first time, please give us a quick description of what your blog is about.
Hello, I’m Kris and my blog is Home Sweet Pups. I created it in September 2019. I started this dog blog to help dog parents and dog lovers learn how to care for their pups and, of course, spoil them at the same time😉.
I might be new to blogging, but I have a lot of helpful knowledge to pass along from my years of owning and caring for dogs.
There’s a lot of helpful pet bloggers online already, but I hope by bringing another unique voice into the mix we could reach and help more dog owners who are looking for help, so our dogs can live long happy healthy lives. We owe it to our dogs for all the unconditional love and support they give us.
2. Name one thing about your blog, or one blogging goal that you accomplished during 2019, that made you most proud.
That’s an easy one! I’m proud that I started my dog blog in 2019! I have been thinking about it for a long time. I always wanted to find a way of being able to help dogs and their owners somehow, and now that my children are older and not needed as much, I can focus on one thing I’ve always been passionate about, and that’s right you guessed it. Dogs…
3. Which of your 2019 blog posts was your favorite, and why? (Please include a link.)
My favorite blog post of 2019 is a post that I wrote explaining the benefits of having a dog. My two dogs (Mia, my 4-year-old Boxer, and Sonny, my English bulldog, who is 1 ½-year-old) help me in so many ways, and I think if more people understood how a dog could enhance their lives we probably wouldn’t see so many dogs in shelters.
You can read all about the benefits of having a dog Here…
4. What was the biggest blogging challenge you faced in 2019, and how did you tackle it?
So far, the biggest challenge I’m facing is learning all the back end stuff that goes into blogging. But little by little, I’m learning and getting it done. I enjoy it so much.
5. One goal that we all seem to share is we want to reach more people. What is your #1 tip for bringing more traffic to your blog?
That’s a really good question! Being a new blogger, I have learned that you just need to keep promoting to get it in front of readers so they can find you.
I am looking forward to hearing all the tips from seasoned bloggers! I could use all the advice I can get. Lol..
6. Do you do sponsored posts/reviews? If so, what do you find works best, and how do you determine what to charge for a blog post, social media shares, etc.? If not, is this something you’d like to do more of? What hurdle is getting in your way?
I haven’t done any sponsored or review posts yet but would love to pursue that sometime in the future. I’m more focused right now on building valuable content for readers.
7. Looking forward to 2020, if you accomplish only one thing through your blog, what do you hope it is?
Wow! I have so many things I would like to accomplish, but I would say since I’m a new blogger, a big accomplishment for 2020 would be to get lots of traffic to my blog. If I can do that, then I will be happy knowing that dog owners are learning to do what is right for their dogs.
8. What steps are you planning to take to ensure you reach your goal?
The steps I plan to take to reach my goal in 2020 is to focus on creating valuable content for readers and finding ways to promote it. Like on platforms as Pinterest and any other place, dog owners hung out online. I always see so many people asking questions about how to care for their dogs online so I know there’s a need for all our helpful pet blogs.
9. The blogging landscape is constantly changing. What changes in blogging do you see coming in 2020 and beyond? What plans do you have to evolve?
I hope to see only good changes. I see blogging getting better and better as technology is the future, and all the upcoming young people only know one place to look, and that’s the internet. That’s where they will come for help when they need it.
Pet bloggers just need to stay up to date with all the changes that might come along, work on SEO and keep learning as much as we can about what we’re blogging about so we can continue to fill the internet with helpful information.
I’m personally reading Pet Blogging For Love & Money right now and am finding it so helpful for my personal blogging growth.
10. If you could ask the pet blogging community for help with one challenge you’re having with your blog, what would it be?
My one question would be how to stay organized. I have notes everywhere. I’m using Trello right now and loving it, but I’m just learning so much right now and feel overwhelmed at times.
Short On Time! Pin This To Save For Later….
My Journey as a Pet Blogger
There you have it as you can see; I’m looking forward to seeing where my dog blog goes in 2020 and beyond..
Thank you, Colby, at puppyintraining.com for hosting this Pet Bloggers Journey Adventure.
Answering these questions has made me even more excited to share my passion for dogs with others for years to come.
Be sure to go visit all the participating Pet Bloggers!
Until next time,
Have a pawsome day!