In this post, I have some great ideas for Last minute dog Halloween costumes(And must-know safety tips) for you to dress up your dog this holiday that will be sure to get the attention of everyone you see.
Dressing up your furry friend for Halloween is always a blast, but it can be tricky to find the perfect dog costume. That’s why I’ve put together this guide – so your dog can have the spookiest and most stylish holiday yet! From superheroes to hot dogs, I’ve got you covered.
But, First, before we get to the list of last-minute dog costumes for Halloween:
- Getting Ready For Halloween
- Last-Minute Halloween Dog Safety Tips
- Dog Costumes Ideas
- Where To Buy Dog Halloween Costumes When You Need It Quickly
- Best Dog Costumes You’ll Love and That Your Dog Will Be Comfortable Wearing.
- Ideas For DIY Halloween Costumes For Pets
- Dog Costumes and Halloween
Disclosure: This page contains affiliate links, meaning I earn a commission if you use those links at no cost to you. I always only recommend brands I trust and ones I think you’ll love.
Getting Ready For Halloween
Fall (Autumn), What a wonderful time of the year. Don’t you agree?
You have beautiful fall leaves to look at (depending on where you live, of cause) and a fun holiday that everyone loves, including your pets ( we think they do anyway, haha).
Yup, that’s right, I’m talking about Halloween.
It’s a great time to have a little fun dressing up and pretending to be a superhero or perhaps a princess for the day.
The choices are endless.
And the thing is …We usually spend a lot of our time trying to figure out who/what we will be dressing up as for Halloween and then realize we still haven’t picked out a Halloween dog costume for our pet.
And why does my dog need a costume, some might ask… Well, that’s easy because they’re family too and should join in on the fun.
Last Halloween, I dressed my English Bulldog up as Woody from Toy Story using one of my kid’s old costumes I had. I love the fact that I can reuse old costumes.
If you don’t have old costumes lying around, don’t panic.
I have ideas for you on how to come up with a simple last-minute dog Halloween costume.
Last-Minute Halloween Dog Safety Tips
I want to mention some safety tips regarding dog costumes and Halloween in general.
I think it’s important not to go overboard with the costumes so your dog doesn’t feel restricted and uncomfortable.
Some dogs won’t want to be dressed up at all.
So, if that’s the case, pick up a fun, Halloween-themed bandana or bowtie and call it a day.
Their safety and health are way more important, and we do not want to cause our pups any amount of stress that could lead them to have health issues.
Also, if you have your dogs outside trick or treating or in a Halloween parade with the kids, be aware of any falling candy.
Kids might be dropping candy along the way, especially chocolate, and that is poisonous to dogs.
Another tip would be to add a safety light to their collar if you’re out walking around with them in the evening.
We need to keep our dogs safe, just like we do with our kids.
More Posts You Will Love:
- Best Dog Gifts For The Holidays
- Awesome Dog Dad Gift Ideas For Men
- BEST DOG MOM GIFT GUIDE
- Resources For Dog Owners
Dog Costumes Ideas
You can purchase a pet costume, or it can be a DIY dog Halloween costume you put together yourself, and as I said, if you have an old kids costume lying around, that’s even better. Let’s keep it simple – there is no need to go out and spend a lot of money.
Where To Buy Dog Halloween Costumes When You Need It Quickly
Places to buy Halloween dog costumes are all over.
Walmart, Chewy, eBay, and Target, to name just a few, but for last-minute dog costumes, I would definitely look at Amazon and use their prime membership for their two-day shipping.
If you don’t have a prime membership, it’s well worth it to sign up now for it, especially since we are heading into the gift-giving season. It helps you save money in the long run with shipping costs.
They have really cute dog Halloween costume ideas that won’t cost you much at all.
Check out below…The Top Choices that I gathered up for you to make your decision quick and easy.
Best Dog Costumes You’ll Love and That Your Dog Will Be Comfortable Wearing.
Ideas For DIY Halloween Costumes For Pets
Now, if you need to come up with a last-minute dog costume in a jiffy.
Take a minute and look around your house.
Be creative. We all have items we can find lying around to use that will be great to make a dog costume out of.
Honestly, in my opinion, it is better than going out and spending money on something your dog is probably only going to wear for a short time.
Here are some great ideas that come to mind oh, and an excellent alternative for dogs that don’t want to wear costumes:
- If you have a brown sweater or t-shirt and white tape, you could transform them into a football.
- Find some construction paper or any heavy-duty paper cut into a shape of a heart, color it red and put the words Ty on it in white with a little yellow star, then hang it on their collar. Then you have a Ty Beanie animal ( the all-so-popular beanie stuffed animal back in the day.)
- Find an old sports jersey and make them a team player. even an old t-shirt would work-take a sharpie to add some numbers and a name.
- Make your pup an S’ more. All you need is a white t-shirt, brown felt, or brown construction paper shaped to look like melted chocolate glue onto the white shirt, then add a square cut out of cardboard on top of that for the graham cracker. Ha! This is one of my favorites; it’s just so cute.
- If you have a yellow t-shirt or sweater, glue some cut-out heart shapes for the eyes, cut out a moon shape for the mouth, and then have an emoji heart face.
Dog Costumes and Halloween
I hope this post about Last Minute Halloween Dog Costumes and Safety Tips was helpful, especially when we are short on time or money.
Just always remember our dog’s safety should be the first thing we think about to keep them happy and healthy.
Have Pinterest? Make sure to pin the above pin to your favorite holiday board to go back to look at it again for next Halloween 🙂
Have A Wonderful Halloween!
Until next time,
Have a paw-some day!
P.S. Leave me a comment below if you have any ideas of your own for last-minute costumes for your dogs. I would love to hear them.
Leave a Reply